As part of our commitment to working with parents as partners, Wu Kai Sha Kindergarten offers a number of workshops during the year to parents. These are delivered by teaching staff and sometimes by outside providers, to allow parents to develop further understanding of our programme and relevant issues concerning early childhood development.
Evening Workshops and Presentations
Our evening sessions are typically delivered in presentation or workshop style and cover a broad range of topics. We have has recently held the following workshops with more coming soon in the weeks and months ahead:
- 29/08/18: Y1 Admissions Process for ESF Schools (Christopher Coyle)
- 19/09/18: Self-esteem and the Language of Encouragement (Marie Marchand)
- 27/09/18: Exploring the PYP in the Early Years (Helen Thomson & Aylin Kip)
- 23/10/18: Let’s Get Them Talking – Developing Children’s Speech & Language (Christopher Coyle & Christine Ainsworth)
- 06/11/18: Outdoor Learning (Kerry Ngao)
- 13/11/18: Outdoor Learning (Kerry Ngao)
- 19/02/19: Early Reading Development (Helen Thomson & Alex Carson)
- 05/03/19: Early Writing Development (Claire Harper & Aylin Kip)
- 19/03/19: Learning Additional Languages (Christine Ainsworth)
- 02/04/19: Early Mathematics Development (Claire Harper & Aylin Kip)
- 21/05/19: Engaged Attention and Learning (Christine Ainsworth)
To register for these workshops, please contact the school office. We do hope you find these useful. If there are areas of the curriculum or other subjects that you would welcome a workshop or information session on, please do let us know.
Stay & Play Sessions
Stay and Play sessions take place during the school day and are an opportunity to learn about a particular topic, followed by demonstration and practise in the classroom.
- 12/09/18: Mooncake Making Workshop
- TBA: The Value of Sensory Play & How to Make Your Own Playdough
- TBA: Fine Motor Development
- TBA: Cooking with Children